Friday, November 19, 2010

With a heavy heart, life goes on... The Country Sampler Shoot

First, I want to thank everyone for their kind words, thoughts and prayers for my mom. I know she is not suffering anymore and in a better place. I understood she was never going to bet this, I just thought there was going to be one more Holiday. As my brother says, we were really kicked in the balls with the brain tumor. There is no guarantees, when our time is up, it's up no questions asked.....

With that life somehow has to go on. So today was my product shoot for Country Sampler. Couldn't put that on hold. They are shooting the products for the next issue, February/March. I also know mom wouldn't of wanted me not to do it, she knew how excited I was.

So with that, there are a lot of pictures in this post! First is a few pictures of the front room after it was painted. Jeff painted for us while we were at the hospital each day. Hubby then spent one morning getting most things back in place since we opened our home for cake and coffee in mom's honor Monday night.... Well the story is after chemo she would want to stop for something sweet, mom liked her sweets! LOL So with everything pushed back it's kind hard to see the new color. It's called Fair field Taupe, really it's more of a grey color. Love it! Just has taken awhile to be able to enjoy it....
Hubby is happy with it too! he never really liked the red. Actually before it was red it was a hunter green which he loved....I painted it red one day while he was at work....Hubby usually doesn't get mad with things I do, except that, OOPS! Oh well, the red at that time really was a better fit...

Snowman by the front door, I had put that out right before mom got sick....

So here's the truck CS comes in... it has all the product that is being advertised and needs to be photographed and any props that they might need....



Boxes lined up ready to come into the house to be placed.....



MMMM...where to begin.... well, Knuckles spent more time being noisy and looking for attention...He even made it into a shot!


Curtains being hung in our bedroom...Loved everything they used in there! New Family Heirloom Weavers coverlet.. Bolster, pillows... So was hoping those would of fallen off the truck and they could of stayed on our bed....That did not happen! :(


I took a bunch of pictures of the bedding...Like I said LOVED IT!!!! Might have to ask for it for Christmas.....







OK, finally something other then the bedroom... Kitchen table, different curtains, and most of the stuff on the table, I believe... Though the bench on the table is mine....


Front entry all done up... This is were Knuckles will be, in front of the bench's!



They really spend a lot of time on the details. Of course businesses are paying good money to advertise in their magazine, so they want to get it right... It's fun as they borrowed some of my stuff from my collections to add to the shoots...



Counters in the kitchen being prepped....



still working.....

checking and double checking...knuckles, would you like your picture taken again? NOPE! LOL!



OK, now the bathroom... so many things needed to photographed in here...some I don't care for so much.....well... you decide.....

I am just not a ruffle person.....


Bathroom with a shower curtain, hubby laughed, I have never put one up, only baths in this tub!




caught Pam steaming the wrinkles out of the shower curtain.....
All in all it was fun. I was so looking forward to this when they called, after mom, not so much...But yes, it was a lot of fun. It's not a feature, but it's better then nothing at all! So there will be parts of our home mixed thorough the advertising section of the next CS issue, the Spring Issue. Have a great day! OLM

11 comments:

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I know the lose of your mom hurts but find comfort in knowing that she is in a much better place, pain-free and smiling down on your CS shoot.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farmhouse prims said...

I have been thinking of you everyday!!! You have such a lovely home. I am like you I love FHW items. One day I will have a coverlet. This one is beautiful, I really think you should hint for this one, Lovely!! And I love your claw bathtub. I have always wanted one of them. I love it!!! Everything looks wonderful!!! I know your mom has a big smile on her face!!!!

Sew Many Raggedies said...

Your home is beautiful. Congrats on having it in CS. I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my mom 6 1/2 years ago to cancer. She lived 54 days after her diagnosis. It was a shock. No one in our family ever had cancer. I know your pain. You never get over the loss of your Mother, but with God's help your heart does heal.
Hugs:)))
Rene

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Oh, Marie, I know your Mom is watching down and smiling. This shoot was just what she wanted for you. When I see the pictures, I will be thinking of her and that will make me smile, too. She is proud of you and happy for her baby.
The holidays will continue to be a time for celebration and remembrance. You will remember all the best of times. I will continue to offer my prayers for you and your family.
★Linda★

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Still thinking of you, my thoughts have been with you a lot!
I was 27 years old when my Mother was diagnosed with a nasty brain tumor, it was the fall of 1991>>>she lived until March of 1992>>she was 56 years old! I can remember thinking how young she was now at my age>>I realize she was>>>It so saddens me to hear of Cancer, scares me,nasty old illness!
I find comfort with the thought they are all in a better place"Heaven" watching over us!
The pain never goes away, some days it is just not as vivid!
I am so joyed by the fact that CS photographed your home! I think they picked a perfect home at the right time>>something to help you find joy!
Sounds like you all had fun with the shoot! Just look around your Mom is right there>>Just stop for a moment>>relax>>breathe>>you will know she is there!
Take care & I look forward to the magazine issue!
Teresa

Andy said...

You are in my prayers - I know your Mom is smiling down from Heaven at how beautiful your photo shoot will be in the next issue. You have a beautiful home, I love your bathtub - its beautiful! I will keep you in my prayers that God will give you strength and grace.
((Hugs))

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love all the photos..and I know your mom was smiling from ear to ear about your home being decorated for CS..I am with you on the bathroom..not a ruffle kind of gal and I don't care for the shower curtain with your tub..cause that tub is awesome..:)

renee said...

Congratulations on your home being in CS~ on any level, that is a compliment to your style!
Again, I am so sorry for your loss, it is not the best part of life, although we all face it at some point. My heart goes out to you. I also agree with you on the ruffled toilet cover! My boys would soon ruin that! LOL!
Thank you for sharing in this difficult time.
God bless,
Renee

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Your home is just beautiful!! What an honor to be in CS. I am glad you got to do something fun, and you're right, your Mom would have wanted you to do it. Mom's are like that.8-)
Take care!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Robin said...

Marie, I have thought of you often over the last week. You are doing o.k. and that's good. Your shoot sounds fun...I just wish I would here from them!!! Take care sweetie, you have a friend in VA. (millstonemercantile)

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

Hello Marie,
I have been rather out of the loop, blog-wise these last few weeks...but I happened to see your post this evening and wanted to tell you how sorry I am to hear about your Mom. I know this must be a sad time for you...take joy in knowing how happy Mom is to see you continue on so bravely. I'm sure she is smiling down on you this moment. :)
Can't wait to see your shoot. Hugs to you Marie. Take care of yourself.
Rhonda