Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What I am Thankful for....

There is may things to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Here are a few things I am thankful for....

I am thankful mom did not know the end was here. She was not ready to go and knowing it was coming would of made it worse for her.
I am thankful for the year and a half I had with her, and taking her to treatments. Even when at times I was tired of the routine or how scary it can be in the chemo room seeing so many needing these treatments.
I am thankful that, I think we got closer in the last year. Over the years our relationship was strained at times. Most of all I am thankful she is not suffering!

Here is mom in July when our relatives where here from Ireland. I think this might of been the last time she was in my home. She did not get around to good. I am thankful for this goofy man I call hubby! He is wonderful to me. Lets me stay home, shakes his head at the prims I create... He accepts the prims I bring home, even when he can't believe I spent money on some of it! Best of all after almost 24 years, we still make each other laugh! He is a wonderful hubby and a even better father to our boys....
Then there are these goofs! My boys, I am thankful they are health and happy, and yes they get along well. So many siblings don't. (I should know, I don't get along in away with my sister)
I take a deep breath in realizing in the up coming year both graduate from college. I am blessed!


There is my lovable Labrador Knuckles. I am so thankful we went back to the shelter almost 3 years ago and rescued him. He is one spoiled dog! LOL

I am thankful, despite back pain, it seems I screwed up another disc in my back, I will get up and cook dinner for my family tomorrow. At some point we might even start to put up our tree. Mom would of wanted us to! Have a wonderful thanksgiving, give your mom or dad a extra hug! OLM
PS... I am blessed and thankful to find out that several of my dolls have been selected for the next issue of "PRIMS" magazine. YIKES, I still need to pinch myself on this one!

8 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

Have a wonderful thanksgiving..;)

Farmhouse prims said...

I am thankful that you are my friend!!! Have a nice Thanksgiving!!!!

cottageprims said...

You are such a inspiration.I'm thankful for you.Happy Thanksgiving!~Amy

renee said...

Look at the legacy your Mom has left you with! She is proud of you! You hang in there~ you are very blessed and loved!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Renee

Robyn~Primlish said...

I am thankful to have found your blog! I love reading your posts!
Congrats on making it into another magazine! A celebrity!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for sharing.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Linda said...

Congratulations on the selection of your dolls for the next issue of PRIMS. We will be looking for them. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with your family.

Robin said...

Love the pics and congrats!!!!! Which dolls??? Show us some pics. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one. (millstonemercantile)