Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tuesday Display Chain.."Peek A BOO"

Happy Tuesday! So it's display chain with Misi at the Gable House Musings! Today Robyn over at Primlish picked our theme... "Peek-a- Boo".... So we are to share how we hide our "stuff" with a prim touch...MMMM...

I've had a chance to peek at a few blogs so far, I just got home from Chemo with mom...

WOW.. some great ideas & wonderful little cabinets & such to hide things, love them all....

Mine are not so wonderful. I just tossed this together now. First is a cabinet that has been in Hubby's family since the late 1800's. It was a wedding gift way back then. I count myself so lucky to have a such a wonderful piece with great history behind it!. Now, I have mentioned before, this humble little home doesn't have a lot of storage. Sure there is a crawl space where most things are in tubs. Though be VERY clear, I don't go in the crawl space, because the sub pump monster lives in there! LOL! Thanks to my dad I am scared for life that a monster lives in the sub pump! LOL.... Anyway hubby gets tired of me always asking for this tub or that tub. I try to mark them clearly, and I know what I am looking for? well, most of the time....

Anyway the point to this is I change so much for the seasons, that I try to hide and tuck somethings where I can get to them, and don't' always have to ask hubby to get a tub! so the bottom of this cabinet holds a lot...There is some room in there right now, because I have not been able to put the Halloween away. I will work on that tonight, since nothing good will be on TV with election returns! UGH! thankfully the phone calls will stop NOW!!! See bunches of "stuff" things I might need to change up a little display here and there!


OK, so I have shown this pie safe many times, I do so love it! When I was lucky to come across this a couple of years, I had no good place for it, thanks to the new Kitchen/dining area there is now a most perfect stop! Now the other small problem/or weakness I have, Longaberger pottery. I sold for 12 years and acquired a lot of extras! LOL... Most was stored in boxes in my Laundry room on a shelf. Once the Pie safe was moved up in the kitchen, many of my favorite pieces came out of their boxes and onto the bottom shelf, so they are always close by now...
So, maybe kinda see it....LOL



Yup, there it is along with mixing bowls that belonged to my Grandmother, my Aunt gave me them last Christmas...


OK, the other side of the shelf, Yup, it's a lot of pottery....


Lastly, if I don't have much storage, I have even less closet space! So in the entryway there is no closet. Couple a years ago, I found this at the flea market. It holds and HIDES so much! There is a locker for each of us and a place for shoes to tuck under the bench, now if I could only get my 20 year old to put them there instead of everywhere else! LOL


Peek-a-Boo, and there it is...more stuff!



YUP, and more.....


So there you have it, nothing to grand, though I have seen some wonderful stuff, and got a few great ideas! thanks for popping over and have a great day! OLM

9 comments:

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful family items!
I love the old cabinet, oh so pretty!
Cute pie safe!
The storage bench, I really like the bins!
So many nice peek a boos!
have a nice evening
Teresa

Audrey said...

OH How I wish I had that bench with the storage!! Perfect for a family!!!

cottageprims said...

I love your pie safe too.I've been hunting one for years but normally way over my budget.Thanks for sharing!~Amy

The Primitive Heart said...

Your storage bench is amazing! I love how it has the shoe keeping area!

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

I love Longaberger pottery too...especially their coffee mugs! :) I especially love your pie safe with the screen doors. Thanks for showing us where you stash your "stuff".

Rhonda

Robyn~Primlish said...

Your displays are AWESOME!! The pie safe and hallway bench are gorgeous!! Thanks so much for inspiration and joining in!

Primsue said...

Great displays and storage ideas. I love your storage bench.

Farmhouse prims said...

I love all of your cabinets, they are beautiful!!! And how special to have something handed down from your family. I rem. both of my Grandmothers pie safe's what I wouldn't do to have one of them!!! I love all of your storage space also. Love everything!!!

the black crow said...

I LOVE YOUR HIDING PLACES! ESPECIALLY THAT PIE SAFE!

THAT IS A GREAT PIECE!

SORRY TO POST SO LATE MY GRAM IS SICK WITH CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE SO I DIDN'T GET TO CHECK ALL THE ENTRIES

HUGS TO YOU, HOPE YOUR MOM IS DOING OKAY WITH THE CHEMO

LORI