Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesday Display chain#9--Heartfelt THANK YOU!!---some decorating tooo

First I wasn't sure if I was going to post for Misi's Tuesday display chain. Still living in this surreal world with mom gone.. At some point with the Holidays coming, I need to figure out how to enjoy them. I had been so looking forward to decorating for the Holidays. Last year I was able to do very little with the construction. Need to do all this week, Alex is only home to Sunday, so ready or not the tree goes up as it has every year, but last year, Day after Thanksgiving....
Funny or not... Hospice just called to check if there is anything they can do help, etc.... Mom timed that well! LOL... She would be yelling it's OK, get going, just do it!
l st BIG thank you to everyone for their kinds words, thoughts, and the cards I received. (Lecia and Trish) thank you sooo much! It means so much that you took the time to that.....
Now finally onto something not so depressing, I always wanted this blog to be fun & about my passion for prims!.......

OK, on to Display Chain, I really don't have many bonnets in my collection and have not collected hats. Though love hat pins! So first up is a bonnet made for me by a dear blogging friend Lecia at Farmhouse Prims. It hangs in my kitchen off my jelly cabinet. This is the only I have purchased awhile back, hangs in the front room....
Picture came out a little dark, but here are the few hat pins I have collected! They are so spendie! Tucked in there is mom's knitting needles, she took up knitting again after chemo started.....

OK, so on Sunday, I just wanted to get out of the house... Go out and bum, not think about anything and see if I could find the Holiday Spirit... So hubby took me out to Sandwich IL... A Little over a hour from us. Few cute shops and one great Antique Shop!!! We spent over a hour in there alone....Such great prims in there... Spendie again, but some great eye candy.... I have been on the hunt for a dough box...So want one, but oh the prices, YIKES!!! Well in one booth alone, there was 4!!! She is know for finding dough boxes, again NOT CHEAP!!! I think hubby was feeling bad for me for the last 2 weeks, so he brought me one... Merry Christmas! (I know, the bags are reading this, Yes I am spoiled!) So love it! I finally put it on the harvest table today and pulled out some of my snowman! So love snowman, more prim the better!



I need to put some battery operated lights in the box too, just love the shape of this one. It was between this one and one with the lid, picked this one, better for displaying....


Usually I put this tree up in the fall with orange lights. Never got to it, yup mom..... I think she just hit me up side the head! LOL.... Then I switch it over to snowman & leave it up thorough January. So hate it when all the trees come down, it's so dark, so I leave this one up a little longer...


This year I put it in the addition in the kitchen, really like it there....



here it is last night lite up.....



Thanks for baring with me... I promise no more depressing posts!!! Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving... OK, one last note... My doc said this to me yesterday a small effort to cheer me up about mom.... Want to know how to make God Laugh???? Tell him your plans! OLM

12 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

That is funny and it is good to have a doctor with a sense of humor. Your tree is lovely and the dough box--let's just say that I am envious....
I keep you in my prayers.
★Linda★

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, you almost made me cry with your kind words. Thank-you, I love looking at your decor, you have such a talent for decorating. I love your snowman collection and your new dough box!!!! I will continue to keep you in my prayers!!! Lots of hugs, Lecia

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

I just simply love it all!
I really enjoy you talking about you Mom! Glad to hear it! I am not finding anything depressing, just simple life and that's what us prim girls are all about!
I am loving the hat pins!
The dough bowl, nice Christmas Present, she's a beaut!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Teresa

Trish-Ladybug said...

Marie, such sweet kind words, boughts tears
to my eyes..Will continue keeping you in prayer
healing takes time, thanks for sharing your
thoughts its just how life is and why we have
prim friends.

Love all your awesome Christmas Photos and the
tree Wow...Great Dough bowl :-)

Happy Thanksgiving
Hugs Trish

Robyn~Primlish said...

What a gorgeous dough bowl and a sweet hubby for buying it for you! I love the hat pins too!
I love the doctor joke, too true!
You talk about WHATEVER you want on your blog, we are here for you and I enjoy hearing your thoughts and memories. You have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

renee said...

Oh, don't feel like you are being depressing! You are BEING normal! You just lost your mom! No one expects you to feel any differently than what you are.
I do love your dough bowl though! Now I guess I know I DO indeed have one of those too! I didn't realize it, since it doesn't have the lid on the top! I found mine years ago at a thrift store, I'll have to recall where exactly it is now! LOL!
Love your tree! It looks great!
I hope you will have a blessed Thanksgiving.
God bless,
Renee

Primsue said...

Marie, please continue to share your feelings about your Mom - that's what friends are for. I will keep you in my prayers. Love your dough box. Great bonnet displays.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving,
Sue

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I know how you feel! It was in May my Mom passed, but it was a blessing. She was 89 and it was time. There was no quality of life left and I am just so thankful the "big guy" did not keep her here on earth!
I love your dough box. I am a sucker for dovetails and that box has great ones!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your loved ones.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

The Primitive Heart said...

Marie,
I'm so sorry to hear about your Mom! Talking about her honors her memory and that's a good thing!

Your displays are wonderful. The new dough box is perfect filled with your snowmen.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Audrey said...

(((((HUGS))))) It has been 6 months since I lost my father. It feels like it was yesterday. pLEASE KNOW WE ALL CARE ABOUT YOU AND WANT TO HEAR ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY, HAPPY OR SAD!!!!!

I love your dough box...so want one!! I love how you filled it too.

Happy Thanksgiving--Thankful you were blessed with a wonderful mother, Thankful she is no longer suffering. Thankful you are loved and allowed to grieve...I am right there with you.

Linda said...

Your tree and the dough box are decorated so beautifully. I like your idea of leaving the tree up from fall through January with seasonal decorations. Enjoy!

Robin said...

Hi Marie, glad to see that you got your dough box, what a great gift!!! You are sooo NORMAL talking about your Mom, and I love hearing about her...I still talk about Brett. I think it is healthy. Have a very blessed and thankful Thanksgiving, your friend..millstonemercantile