Monday, November 29, 2010

Trying to find my groove.. FINALLY updated Lemon Poppy Seeds

I am so trying to get my groove back.. I know it's only been 2 weeks, but in Holiday/crafter time that is like months! LOL... I need to start crafting again. There is still just so much to do. I am trying to decorate on some level, everything is such a mess, my heart is just not in it.

When we pulled out our big ornament tub thanksgiving night, this tub wasn't opened last year with the remodel project... Right there on top was several ornies mom purchased 2 years ago for me. Knife to the heart.....

So I created these lists in my head of things that MUST get done, the thank you cards, finally done yesterday. Planning my ornament exchange that I have done with my friends for the last 9 years, yup still need to do it, invites out today FINALLY.. Update the much neglected Lemon Poppy Seeds page, CHECK... So I am getting there... Need to share the ornies I received last week from the swap I did over at Rabbit Hill Prims... I am shooting for later in the week for that & maybe a few decorating pictures, after tubs are finally put away.

So Alex is back at school, only 3 weeks and he is home for good to do his internship. Can't believe 3 1/2 years has past since he left for school. Steven needs to get fitted for his cap & grown this week for graduation in February, life goes on.....
So I thought I would share my prims I put up on Lemon Poppy Seeds 2nite... I hope everyone had a wonderful Holiday. Ours was nice and quiet, just what we needed this year! OLM great Prim Angel from a Pineberry Lane Pattern...
My own design, stitched this last winter at chemo treatments with Mom...

Santa another wonderful Pineberry Lane Pattern.....



My twist from a Prims by Kim Pattern....


Simple prim doll, a OLM original too....

10 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

love your dollies.;) you do great work.;)

SUE said...

Oh, I am so glad you are back at it! These dolls are wonderful. SUE

Trish-Ladybug said...

Marie Love the Stitched pillow,dollies are
wonderful too.. "Just Take One Day At a Time"
Your in my daily Thoughts and Prayers
Blessings and Hugs
Trish :_)

renee said...

You did a nice job on the dolls. I love the snowmen! I hope you will have a good week, I know it's hard for you. I lost my Grandma, and my cousin, both of them meant a great deal to me. It didn't seem real to me, and really, to this day it doesn't seem real to me. I ran across a letter she had written me many years back, I just cried because I longed to hear her voice again, and I could in my mind. Just treasure all the memories, that is what we have.It is ok to grieve, and to be sad.
Sending you a cyber hug.
Bless you,
Renee

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, I think when you opened the box of decorations and saw the ones from your mom, she was letting you know that see was alright and will be will you in your heart and memories at Christmas.
When I was putting up my tree I came across two ornaments made by a dear friend that passed away unexpectly two years ago, it was bittersweet, bringing a tear to my eyes, but yet making me smile at how she loved Christmas and would make all of these cakes to giveaway at Christmas, she loved Christmas.
OMG are you one talented girl. I love all of your creations. My favorite is the Santa and love the snowmen with twigs.
I think of you bunches!!!!

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

You make such wonderful prims!! Love those snowmen!! My heart goes out to you, I know it is a rough time. I hope you find comfort that all your blog buddies are thinking of you and praying for you!!
Blessings,
Lorna

cottageprims said...

Sweetie~ I know how you feel..Kinda odd though Grief and excitement all at once.Things will get better and the main thing is you still have your life to live so make each moment count.Love the prims.Warm Hugs!~Amy

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

So many pretty prim dolls! They are wonderful!!

As like all>>thinking of you>>just keep talking to us all>>we are here for ya!

Blessings
Teresa

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
Take a deep breath. Don't try to do too much. The pain is still so fresh. It will take time. This will be my first Christmas without my Mom, too, and I know how painful it is.
Thinking good thoughts and sending you big hugs :)
Lauren

Robin said...

Love your dolls, mine will be arriving when???!!! They look great.(millstonemercantile)