Wednesday, November 10, 2010

mom update

I will probably be away from the computer for awhile. Things aren't going as we hoped. yesterday was a difficult day. Mom was feeling well, and I had to call a ambulance to take her to the hospital. I thought she was dehydrated, which she was. Thought she would bounce right back, but did not. They did a CT of her brain and found the cancer has spread there now. She was confused most of the day, by last night once i got her up to a room, the doc came in, wasn't sure she would make it thorough the night. I felt very guilty leaving last night, I had been there 12 hours and my head felt like it was going to explode. My brother and sister were there, I had to call my son Steven from work to say good bye. I have not told Alex yet, I am waiting til today since he is away at school. They said she could bounce back, but now time is very limited. My siblings want more time, I don't want her to suffer. I saw enough yesterday, they were not there to see that. I don't want that for her. So thank you everyone for you thoughts and prayers. As of this AM, no call, my brother was going up first, I am trying to get a little laundry done, life goes on and this stuff doesn't stop coming. OLM

17 comments:

Jessica @BeforeTheDawn said...

Praying for you and your family.

Sheila said...

You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to keep you in prayer during this very difficult time. May God continue to surround you and your family and give you the strength you will need in the coming days.
~Sheila

taylors*farmhouse*attic said...

Oh, wow!..I so hate to hear this!!...You all are in my prayers!!!BIG HUGS!!

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I am praying so hard today for the right thing to happen--God's will. Surely, He is ready to stop all this suffering for your poor Mother. She deserves the freedom from pain and you deserve the peace of knowing she is home with her Maker.
★Linda★

Grammee Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I am so sorry to read this. You have some very difficult hours and days ahead of you. Keeping you and your mom and your entire family in my thoughts and prayers. HUGS!

Misi said...

May God's grace & will bring comfort & peace to your mom. I am very sorry for this difficult time. {{Hugs}} My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Bless your heart, I will keep you and your family in my prayers during this difficult time. Take care!!
Blessings,
Lorna

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom..and I know you don't want her to suffer..she has been in my prayers and will continue to be and for you as well.;)

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family at this time.
May the Angels watch over your Mother & comfort her!

blessings,
Teresa

Loafer Mountain Primitives said...

Sending Hugs and Prayers your way...
Tisha

Trish-Ladybug said...

Bless your Heart my dear, So sorry to heard
Mom's not doing well,Continue to pray for
all of you, May the Lord comfort all of you
during this difficult time and bring peace within your hearts
Hugs/Prayers

wink4u60 said...

All,

Since, Marie is out of pocket and won't be writing here you can continue to be updated by going to her moms Caring Bridge Website. I will be keeping it updated as things become availabe. Here is the link: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/luannmacdonald
Should you have problems email me at angelwings820@sbcglobal.net

Thank you,

Nadine

Mindy said...

So sorry about everything. May it help to know you have a lot of prayers being said for you and your family.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I am so sorry. My heart aches for you. May you find comfort in knowing so many of your readers are praying for all of you.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Farmhouse prims said...

I am so sorry Maria, I know it is so hard to see someone you love so much be suffering. I will continue to pray for you and your mother. That Jesus will comfort you and give you strength and that your mother will be in peace and not have any pain. Lots of hugs, Lecia

Robin said...

Hi Marie, I am so sorry to hear about your Mom, I wish I lived closer to you. Sending you prayers and hugs my friend.

wink4u60 said...

Dear Prim Friends of Marie's:

This is to let you know that Marie's mom passed this morning surrounded by her family.

I will post again with final arrangements.

Thank you,

Nadine