Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Display Chain.. SOUVENIRS

I have been thinking so hard, there has been smoke! LOL... So it's Tuesday Display chain that Misi over at the 1890 gable house musing is hostessing. Today's theme, Souvenirs....mmmm..

Thinking,I was still thinking this AM... No idea what way I wanted to go...

Some many treasures I have already shared at one time or another...

MMM... finally a thought or 2...LOL. So here I go, my first 2 pictures, have a special place in my kitchen... First are these salt and pepper shakers that belonged to my mom's mom. She passed away before I was born. I have always been told what a great woman she was, I feel I was cheated by not getting to know her. So I have a precious few things that belonged to her. Dust on the shelf a extra bonus.. One knows dust is a primitive accent! Now this bowl was given to me by my MIL before she passed away. I said many moon ago I was going to start collecting yellow ware bowls, out she came with this bowl and gave it to me. Now, I did not have a spot for in my kitchen before it was remodeled. It was one of the first things I put in the kitchen when it was remodeled the first time many years ago. It usually holds fruit. Right now it's holding my glue gun & phone chargers

Lastly is my dough bowl raiser I purchased this year on the "bags" trip. There is a few things I had not shared yet. I wasn't sure where I was going to put it, until this weekend. So it will sit on top of the jelly cabinet in the kitchen with a few pumpkins and a little mouse popping out... This was a great find at $12.50! Not in the best condition, but who cares... $12.50!!!!


So there you have it! nothing to grand, but just a few special pieces out of many in our home! Have a great day, today we are having wind gust up to 50 MPH... So there goes the last of the leaves on the trees! OLM

13 comments:

Audrey said...

so glad you thought of something. What special salt and pepper shakers.My mothers mom died when she was just 10. I have her dishes and treasure them.
Love your primitive accent, let me know if you need more as I have so much of it!! ;)

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

I think it is just grand!
The salt & pepper shakers, so dear to your heart( I like the dust, prim indeed!)
I love the dough bowl raiser and you displayed it cute!
Hang on to your hats!
Teresa

Misi said...

You thought of some great souvenirs, I have my great grandma's salt & peppers like such. I cherish them. Thanks for joining in the chain again ..and taking a risk on a house full of smoke for us...ear plugs? {{HUGS}}

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Loved your post and your souvenirs!!
~Tam

the black crow said...

GREAT SOUVENIRS!!
IT'S HARD ONLY HAVING TO HEAR OF SOMEONE AND NOT KNOWING THEM.....BUT YOU HAVE THE MEMORIES OF HER FROM OTHERS WHICH ARE THE BEST SOUVENIRS.

LOVE YOUR S & P SHAKERS AND THAT BOWL!

GREAT POST!
HUGS,
LORI

Kattywhompus Primitives said...

This was a hard one for me too....but I'm so glad you shared your treasures! I LOVE that you showed your dust, or maybe just relieved that I'm not alone! :)

Rhonda

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

What sweet momentos, indeed.
I have my Grandma's jelly dish and I remember her every time I put eyes on it!
☆•*¨*•Linda•*¨*•☆

Kimberly said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful treasures! Wishing you a safe night. Enjoy your day. ~Kimberly

Rugs and Pugs said...

Especially love the dough riser!

purensimple-Theresa said...

Wonderful memories to go with your treasures! how lucky you are to have something of your grandmother's. TFS-Theresa

Primsue said...

Thanks for sharing your special memories and souvenirs. Love your dough riser.

bettyj said...

Isn't it strange how an inanimate object can make us feel so close to someone? I know those S&P must be truly special. The bowl and riser is wonderful too
betty

Robyn~Primlish said...

Love your salt and pepper shakers! I wish I had things of my Grandmothers, she died when I was young. I love your dough bowl riser, great price too!