Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tuesday Display chain, Make-a-dos.....

YEAH! It's Tuesday and that means is Display chain day. Misi has been coming up with some great ideas. For me at least it has really got me thinking outside the box. This one was a hard one for me. I really was stumped. Didn't know which way to go with this one....

On Saturday I was sitting down for a few minutes out front of our home, enjoying the great fall day we were having, then it just came to me. Make a do.... Well somewhere there is a fun display in my home.... But Make a do, going back everyone had to make do with what they had. There was no running to the store with a great idea, or a wonderful prim shop to find just the right item for their home. They made do..... So I am sitting out front, in my make-a-do front porch, Light bulb, this should be my display for the day.

I have always wanted a front porch. When we first started talking about some remodeling last year, the first thing on my list was a front porch. The home we were passing over had two. I drive by some beautiful homes with great porch's with nothing on them, such a waste, I want to go slap that homeowner! LOL, at least put a chair or 2 out there......So anyway to add porch onto our home was too much $$$, so it was the first thing crossed off my list. :(.....

So instead I have done everything in my power to create my porch, I have made do. Someday we will change everything out for nicer paver bricks and new wall path, until that day, I change everything out for the seasons and make it my own little porch. So here is my make a do porch decorated for fall. OLM














14 comments:

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Marie,
I think your porch is fabulous!!
Everything looks great.
I love all the fall decor you have on it.
You have created a wonderful porch!!
TFS,
Tam

Deppen homestead 1862 said...

Beautiful, just beautiful make do porch!
Just perfect!
I love how you arranged everything!
I enjoyed your front porch,it says welcome!
have a nice evening!
Teresa

The Primitive Heart said...

A great twist on the make-do theme! It looks so Fall! -Catherine

purensimple-Theresa said...

This is beautiful. Love all your displays! So pretty. Can't wait to see what you do for Winter
Hugs Theresa

Audrey said...

Beautiful!! What a welcoming entrance that is.

SUE said...

Very nice - you are good at making do! Isn't this weather wonderful?! SUE

Farmhouse prims said...

What a great display, I love your make do porch!!! It makes me feel like stopping by and setting in those green chairs!!!! So inviting!!!

Misi said...

It's an Outstanding make-do!..looks like a wrap around porch to me. You have it decorated so beautifully ..I too can't wait to see what you have in the works for Christmas on your porch!
Thanks for joining in Marie
{{HUGS}}

Debra said...

I think you have done a wonderful job! Great eye candy!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh Marie, i so love your porch and love how you have it decorated..I love decorating mine..Thanks for sharing;)

Robyn~Primlish said...

What a beautiful porch!! Looks perfect to me!

Primsue said...

A wonderful makedo porch. Love your Fall decorations.

Trish-Ladybug said...

Its Perfect Making do what you Have...
So Fallish !! I know you have plans for
Christmas Holiday too..

Blessings

the black crow said...

OMGOSH! This looks absolutely wonderful.....such a "WELCOME WAGON" of fall goodies. I'd say you are makin do pretty darn good!

Hugs
Lori