Sunday, October 3, 2010

Back home for some home cookin!

Alex came home for a little R&R from college and some home cooking.... Really it was homecoming for his old HS and he wanted to see this game. He played football in HS, and after his freshman year a 2ND HS opened up that split the town in almost in half. So for this game of course was both HS playing each other, and South Elgin is ranked 5Th in state right now.... They were 5-0 coming into this game, we were 3-2..... So in a upset we did win!

Anyway.... Alex brought home is roommate for some home cooking as well. Apparently Alex has been bragging about my cooking... Nice UH? So I spent all weekend cooking his favorites...I need a break from cooking now! LOL.... Thankfully "BAGS" is just in 3 days, so there is my vacation!

SO they are getting ready to leave soon, but here they are at the table for one last snack before hitting the road! Alex needs to make this one last, he won't come home now until Thanksgiving...

So here is Alex with his Bowl of "gook"... I suppose I should explain. This is one of my boys favorite desserts.. This is so easy to make, not pretty looking but very yummy. More times then not this is what they will ask for their birthday cakes or a extra treat growing up...
So here is the recipe, again so simple it's almost embarrassing! LOL....

One German Chocolate cake mix, prepare in as directed in a 13x9 pan.....
2 boxes instant pudding, chocolate, I mix that up with 3 3/4 cups milk,
2 containers cool whip, I use lite and a bag of heath pieces..

Now, you need a XLarge bowl. I use the Xlarge mixing bowl from Longaberger, this is a big bowl and it will be filled up. (back when I sold Longaberger for years, I made this many times even at shows, always a hit.) Take half of the cake and crumble it up in the bowl...layer 1/2 of the pudding then a container of cool whip, top with heath pieces. Repeat. It is like a giant HOHO. Very tasty!
Alex and his roommate Tony reading the funnies and having their last snack... Of course the Carmel brownies I made are all gone too....

Alex just being Alex! Now they are on their way back to school... Hard to believe this is his last semester at school. After the holiday he will start his internship and will live at home during that...YIKES, then he will start testing for police departments, were did the time go?
Now I have 2 days to get things ready for my girls trip. Now that things have settled down with mom for the time being, I can get excited that I can go! For awhile there, I didn't see how I was going to be able to go. Now, let the fun begin, I really need this break & trip!
Have a great Sunday! OLM


3 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

It has to make you feel good to have a couple handsome, healthy young men wolfing up your food! It always does a cook good to know her efforts are appreciated! I'm surprised they didn't ask for snacks for the road! Have a great 'BAGS'! ★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

handsome kids..;) hey can you fix your font so the words are bigger..I have a real hard time reading your blog..and I am wearing bifocals..have a great sunday.;)

Farmhouse prims said...

I am so glad your son came for a visit, don't it make you feel good to make one of their special foods. I don't blame him one bit, I would like that gook too!!!! Those guys are handsome!!!! Have a great day, I know you are getting ready for your trip, can't wait to hear about it and see your goodies!!!