Wednesday, September 22, 2010

so what does one do while at the hositpal all day????

When I go off to the hospital to sit with mom and kept her company, I take along a basket with stitching to pass the time. I would say I have been able to get a few things done in the last week and a half. I have too many stitcheries half done for years, just never got around to finishing them until now... I don't even remember who's patterns they might be, OOPS!!
I think I will make pillows out of them and try to put them up on Lemon Poppy Seeds in the very near future....
So up first is this pumpkin doll, I need to figure out what color green I used for the last sleeve, otherwise it is almost done.... This is a buttermilk basin pattern, this one I remember. It will make a cute pillow tuck. I might keep this one....
This has been sitting over half done for about 3 years, until today, FINISHED!


These guys are a little blurry... Some of my "BAGS" read my blog and I don't want them to see it just yet.... Now you are asking BAGS???? Every fall 5 great friends and myself go off for 5 days for a perfect girls trip! We shop, antique, laugh, eat, laugh, eat, poke fun, eat, laugh, and maybe embarrass ourselves out in public. It's a good thing we leave the state! If there is ever a year I need my girls & our trip it's now. We are on the count down, 15 days and counting. Lots of laughs and retail therapy, is there anything better.... Well yes, mom is on the mend, keep your fingers crossed, she might even get out tomorrow. Of course I need her back on her feet as much as possible to I am good to go.....
So we call our group, "the bags are loaded" which means we are packed and ready to go! I am ready! Have a great night. OLM


8 comments:

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Great job on your stitcheries.
I am so glad to hear your Mom is on the mend.
I will continue to send her my positive thoughts and prayers.

Oh, how lucky you are to have such close friends and a special tradition you all share together.
Sounds like a blast!!
Hope you take pictures and share some of the fun with us.

Take Care,
Tam

Larry I said...

Greetings from the "Queen Bag" ~ as I am the mature one ~ and the oldest ~ and the smartest ~ and the cutest !! But Olde Lady Morgan is the CRAFTIEST !! (That is why we let her in our group ~ we get lots of free stuff !!) Hahahaha We're praying for your Mom in the Northland. See you in 15 short days !!! Love, The Queen (sis-in-law)

Trish-Ladybug said...

Just lovely stitcheries, So glad to hear Mom
is doing better, been thinking and praying for the both of you.. What a blast!! to have such great friends to refresh the spirit and soul
Take lots of photos so you can share...

Blessings!!!
Trish-Ladybug

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

Good news! Hopefully, she'll get out and take good care of herself and follow dr.'s orders!
Have fun with your cronies. Everybody deserves some time out!
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

glad you were able to make good use of your time..and the girls time out sounds like a blast..take lots of pictures.:)

Farmhouse prims said...

You're stitcheries are beautiful!!! I really like the pumpkin with all the words on it!!! Thinking of you and your mom!!! Oh how awesome that you and your friends go for a 5 day trip!!! You need that !! Every Oct. my friend and my 3 sisters just go for one night to Lancaster, Pa. We call it the sisters reunion.
We usually are laughing so much that while in the motel other people are pounding on our wall. He He And I am not talking about teenagers her, we are forty to fifty year old women. Oh well kids will play. He He

Sheila said...

Enjoyed seeing your handy work. It's always nice to have something we can take along at times to work on. Will continue to keep your mom in my prayers. Your girls trip sounds like such fun times and should be therapy for you right now.
Blessings~

Robin said...

OMG...That sounds like FUN!!! Lori and I are headed to Ohio for the Simple Goods Show, but only for 2 days...oh how I wish it were for a week!!!! You have fun...and don't forget all of us "bagless" ones you are leaving behind!!! Glad to hear your mom is on the mend. Take care, drive safely and have a blast. (millstonemercantile)