Sunday, September 12, 2010

No trees where harmed in the harvesting of gourds!!

The time has come to try and get all the gourds out of our tree in the front yard. These vines have become a source of entertainment over the last couple of weeks. Watching them growing and being amazed on how many were up in the tree!
So hubby being the good sport he is, got out the ladder the and pole trimmer and he went to work.... Oh ya with a little humor too! So he thinks he can catch one while trying to cut down the vines... Didn't work!
This was just one of many vines in the tree....what a goof!

Pile of vines pulled from the tree.....


Then there is the harvest... I lost count but I think there is at least 40 gourds! Not to bad when I didn't even plant a seed! I am sure most of these will get eaten by the squirrels....

Have a great evening! I am off to bed early, mom's surgery is tomorrow. She is in good spirits and know everything will go well.. I will post a update. Thank you to everyone for their kind thoughts and prayers for my mom! OLM

7 comments:

Mindy said...

Just discovered your blog and love it! I signed up as a follower! :-)

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

How sweet is that? Your tree shared its space with a gourd and helped it produce some great decorative gourds! Lucky you!
Still praying for your Mom.
★Linda★

Karen~The Barely There Primitive Bear said...

You wouldn't think the vine would grow
that high! What a great crop, to
decorate with!

Bear Hugs~Karen

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh man I didn't get one pumpkin and I planted it..love the gourds..hope your moms surgery goes well..;)

Farmhouse prims said...

Wow, I never have seen so many gourds. How nice for fall decorating. I will say a prayer for your mom.

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

Love the gourds!! Hope your mom's surgery goes well.
Blessings,
Lorna

Robin said...

I am thinking about you today and sending many blessings your way. Hope your Mom has a successful surgery and a super speedy recovery. (Love the gourds) millstonemercantile