Monday, September 13, 2010

Mom Update.....

First I want to thank everyone for the kind words and many prayers for my mom, she will need many more to come. This will be a quick post, I am exhausted. We got her to the hospital at 5:30am, and I am NOT a morning person..
Well, we did not get good news today. VERY disappointing. They found more cancer, so no resection. There are more tumors in her liver and some on the outside of her colon. DAMN!!!!
So if there is any good news in this, is that the tumors are VERY small and that is why they did not show up the CT & PET scans. So that means either the chemo was helping or they have not started to grow. So after she heals, since she was cut for a resection, so she is in pain, we go back & talk to the cancer doc and see what we can do. Her surgeon feels there are thinks we can do to prolong her life and keep the cancer stable, lets hope!
Thank you all my prim friends for everything. Mom kicked us all out so she could rest & i was just told pizza is here, so I will go eat. If anyone takes anything from this go get your colonscopy!!! Mom never did. They are no big deal, I had mine, not to mention having the reaction to the med's the first time & passed out & broke my nose... I think that post in back in Feb... So if I can go back & still get mine, PLEASE go get yours! OLM

9 comments:

basketsnprims said...

Hi, Marie ~ sorry you got bad news today. I will keep your mom and your family in my prayers. I got my colonoscopy two years ago, will go again in 3 yrs. They are lifesavers that's for sure. Wow, pizza sure sounds good.
take good care ~
Pam

Trish-Ladybug said...

Prayers and thoughts to your Mom and Yes I agree go get those colonscopy!!! done...
Blessings to you .....

hugs.. Trish/Ladybug

Mindy said...

Sorry about the news, I will keep your mom and family in my prayers...blessings, Mindy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
So sorry the news wasn't better. Lots of prayers will be coming to both your mom and your family.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Sheila said...

I'm sorry to hear about this news. I will continue to keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers and ask God to give you strength to deal with the days ahead.

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie,
I will continue to pray for your mom and you!!! I will pray for the Dr. to have wisdom to know what to do and for you to have peace and strength. And esp. for your mom as she goes through this battle.
Lots of hugs!!!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I will put your mom in my prayers and thank you for keeping us posted and telling us what we need to be doing..;) I will keep you in my prayers too..;)

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers. Be sure you take care of yourself while you are helping your Mom through this. Keep us posted on her progress.
If there is anything I can do for you, give me a shout.
★Linda★

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Thank you all!!! You guys are the best! OLM