Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mom update... New treasure or 2.....

Happy Sunday everyone. Not sure where my day has gone, but I have gotten nothing done so far! OOPS! First I thought I would let everyone know mom came home today! She was more then ready to come home. She had a couple rough days, things weren't going so good, but they turned around pretty quick and she was able to come home. She FINALLY was able to eat something yesterday, it had been a week, one long week! Now we are onto the next step after she heals up and see what they can do for her....

Yesterday my brother went in and spent sometime with her, so I was able to stay home and caught up. 4 loads of laundry and some crafting. The Poppy Seeds open house is in early November, so I have to get my act together and get cracking!

My sis in law the "Queen" as we call her, lives up in northern MN.... I have gotten some great prims up there on trips. Well she still finds me some great little things....such as the few things that made their way down here today. There's a few friends that have cabins up by her and run things back in fourth during the summer for us.... Today was the last shuttle(LOL) of things that could come this way. Hubby's favorite beer that can't be found but for up there... and a few things for me! YEAH!!!

So the queen found this great old child's rocking chair. Love the color and a rocking chair! BONUS! Love it! Great sign, probably will hang this up in the front room!
Love this child's ironing board. I am going to use it for a side table in the gathering room....

Here it is next to the couch, needed something there, this works!

Yesterday with having a free day, I did some crafting. I tryed Misi recipe from 1890 gable House Musing blog for cinnamon pumpkins.... I am hoping they dry in time for my girls trip in Oct... OOPS... Queen you did not read this! LOL...

Just for fun here is my mess in the gathering room! My chair I craft out of.... always a mess! There is just no neat way to craft, or at least I have not figured out a way to do it yet!

Need to get back to work, don't really want to, but this stuff won't make itself. All my blog friends I can't thank you enough for all your kind words and prays for my mom. We have a road ahead of us, but thank you!!! Have a great day! OLM

7 comments:

Trish-Ladybug said...

So glad to hear your Mom is home and healing/
recovering/will keep her in thought/prayer.
Awesome little chair/as is the wooden inroning board both are great treasure finds..
I had several of them painted one Red/distressing it..

Many Blessings .. Have a enjoyable day....
Trish-Ladybug

Teresa said...

Hi Marie, Glad to hear your Mom is finally home...I will continue to pray for her...Love the little rocking chair and ironing board....Have a great day and get some rest....

Mindy said...

Glad your Mom got to go home! I'm sure she was very happy about that! Love the little rocking chair, it's so cute!

Sheila said...

Will continue to keep your Mom and family in my prayers. What awesome finds "Queen" found for you!
Blessings to you~

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
I am happy to hear your mom made it home. Prayers will still be coming her way.
The little rocking chair is too sweet. Love the worn finish.
Hugs :)
Lauren

the black crow said...

Glad to hear the good news about your mom! Love all of your treasures!! By the way I love the print on your chairs.....can you share what it is?

Love your little pumpkins too!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

I am new at your blog---I followed you from another. Fun prim treasures. Thanks for sharing and I will visit you again--soon.
Carolyn from Des Moines, Iowa