Saturday, September 25, 2010

Country Sampler Product shoot

HOORAY FOR THE WEEKEND!!!! I only hope tomorrow I can sleep in!!! This has been a week! I am exhausted and I am getting sick. Imagine, 2 weeks in and out of hospitals visiting mom, I am surprised it too this long!.

The good news is mom came home today! She looks good, feels so much better and realizes now that she needed to go back in. Where was that on Tuesday when she was kicking and screaming she wasn't going back to the hospital! We have a long road ahead of us, there won't be a good outcome, but I am hoping that will be a good long while down the road..... Now FINALLY off to some fun stuff!

So I live only 20 minutes from the offices of Country Sampler. I even interviewed for a job there a couple of years ago, but didn't get it. Oh well.... Anyway, one would think they would get most of their feature homes from our area, NOT... What they want are product shoot homes. they come in for the day to shoot different areas of the home with product being advertised in the magazine for that month.

Several of my prim friends homes have been used for these product shoots... (trust me they should be features, their homes are AMAZING!!!) I have missed going to these shoots, in helping mom, chemo, hospital, etc.... Just this past Thursday, my prim gal pal, Sandy who owns Poppy Seeds Prims, where I sell many of my prims goodies, home was used. Mom was feeling pretty good and so off I went to watch!

So here a just a few pictures of what I took. you will see these pictures in the next issue!
After the shoot was over, Sandy was looking to spend her $$ she gets for letting them use her home for the day.... I was feeling guilty & thought I needed to go back & check on mom... Quick call to the brother fixed that... All was well & her was with her, so off we went to "Josie's Antiques" in De Kalb...Great antique barn, really 3 barns filled with all sorts of goodies. Sandy was on a mission to get a great old wooden coffee bin she saw last week......
I found the biggest old fly screen I have even seen.... I think it probably was used to cover cakes, since it's so tall... LOVE IT!!!! It was a must have... A little retail therapy! LOL

Now for the product shoot pictures.... Sandy's half bath... See the tape on the walls that is where they will photo shop in a cabinet that was to heavy to hang on her wall without putting holes in.
They are very careful about not putting in any holes, or damaging anything!
I just missed them shooting on her front porch, here they are putting all her fall stuff back in place.


Getting ready to shoot in the front room.....

Almost ready.... I really should of up loaded more pictures, what was I thinking. Sorry. It was a lot of fun to watch them at work, that could be one fun job!!!

Enjoy your Sunday, we have been having great fall weather here, 60's, trees starting to turn. I even got a few pumpkins today. Now if this could last longer. Fall goes by to fast for me. OLM

7 comments:

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi Marie,
How exciting!! To get to watch the product shoot.

I love the shoo fly screen you got.

Remember, you must take care of yourself, to be able to take care of others.
I'm so happy you were able to get some "Me" time, you deserve it.

Have a great Sunday,
Tam

basketsnprims said...

Marie,
I'm so glad that your mom is home and feeling better. I really always wondered where they do product shoots. What a fun way to spend the day. Hope you get feeling better, we can't let ourselves get run down, ya know.
hugs,
Pam

Farmhouse prims said...

Marie, I am so glad that your mom is doing better, I think of you both often. It sounds like you had one awesome experience. I jut love country sampler, my favorite magazine. How great to see a photo shoot. And I love your fly screen, it is beautiful. That is one prim thing I don't have or pantry cakes. It sounds like you and your friend had a fun day!!! So happy for you!!!

SUE said...

Marie, oh so glad your mom was able to come home. It must be exhausting taking on that kind of responsibility. You must take care of you too! I LOVE Country Sampler and often wish I could work there - how fun you get to sit in at a friends. Take care! SUE

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

So happy to hear the prayers are working along with Mom's cooperation! And what a delightful time you must have had. So much responsibility--taking care of our parents. You need to get plenty of rest and take these breaks for your own sanity and health!
I am envious of your Country Sampler connections. That is awesome!
★Linda★

Rugs and Pugs said...

Marie ~
What fun to be at the shoot. Whoulda thunk they paid people to use their houses? I'd think people would be lined up willing to pay them! Also photoshopping in the cupboard in the bathroom. How funny.
Great fly screen :)
Prayers still coming for your mom.
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

Trish-Ladybug said...

Yes, also glad to hear Mom is doing better
prayers and thoughts for both of you..Believe
me, you do need take care of yourself too being
a caregiving is not a easy job. Love the Fly Screen, what a find....Great Photo shoot, TFS
Prim Hugz :_)
Trish-Ladybug