Sunday, August 8, 2010

We're on 2nd base and I can see home plate!!!

Well we have had another hot and humid one going on today! So it's a great day to stay in and start on the wainscoting!!! So I would say we are on 2ND base, moving right long towards home and soon we will call game over & done! Well, no rest now, carpet is in and just waiting for our call that we are ready & it can be insulted as well!!!
OK, so I screwed up and put the pictures up in the wrong order... Wasn't paying attention... As you can see everything is primed white... I am painting it a darker green.. Forgot the color..of course pictures when we get to that point...
So hubby finished the short wall and has turned the corner..... Here is how much is still left to go... YIKES... still lots to do. Though I am getting VERY excited. Can't wait to start bringing the antiques back in from the garage.. I think they are starting to talk to me... hello old friend... we miss you can we please come back home??? SOON, VERY SOON!!!!... Of course I still need to deal with all the fiber fill... UGH!
So here is hubby putting up the first piece... told ya I messed the order... LOL

So, I am in a better mood today. I started dusting and putting somethings back in their place in the kitchen. Jeff needed to sand the wall looking down into the gathering room, (we have a split level) So everything needed to come off the wall again, and painting touch up needed to be done...
Well, I couldn't help myself... I put a few fall things out... just a few. I needed some fall colors around me. MMM... maybe that's way the "funkie mood" left for today....
So first up is the dry sink, so love it here in the back of the kitchen by the patio door. Though really I got it to go in the gathering room once it is done... Not sure if I am moving it or not...
I hung the sweet potato garland I got at the shop yesterday across it. Smells great, I am only hoping Knuckles doesn't decide to take a bite, after all it's at Knuckle level..... Also a great pumpkin doll I trade with my friend Barb at the Primitive Oswald....
So here I add my Chinese lanterns to the rake and changed out one of my cookbooks for the fall gooseberry one... I am thinking pumpkin bread very soon.. Well, first we need cooler weather to even turn the oven on.



So this is a pot rack I got long time ago... Hung it in the dead space going down the stairs to the gathering room... It was dusty, so it got a good cleaning... I sold Longaberger for over 12 years... So I have a lot of baskets. I have been thinning my collection & just keeping my Fav's... some are hanging from here...

Poor jelly cabinet... kinda busy right now.. Added some fall stems and a harvest pumpkin, again from Barb...Once things are completely back to normal, I will probably move one of the chairs. It's just to much in that corner...



Close up of the picks. I was really happy with these. I got them at Hobby Lobby last week... Already on sale.. Sicking, they had their Christmas out too!

So I didn't get as much done as I hoped today. At least it's a start. After all the drywall & sanding, everything just needs to be dusted and I waited until it was all done.. the good news, at least till this point we did not loose power today! So off to see what else I can move around. Have a great evening! OLM

3 comments:

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

WooHoo!!
I am so happy to hear the gathering room is almost finished.
I bet you are sooooo excited!!

Loved seeing your photos.
Everything looks amazing.

Your dry sink is fabulous.
And I love the prim pumpkin you got in a swap.

Take Care,
Tam

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

It's progress. I have been keeping up and it sounds like hard work in this awful heat, but everything is looking so great! Makes me wish we were painting our bedrooms......*sigh*
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

ohhh I can't wait to see it all finished..I love beadboard/wainscotting..we are putting some in the bathroom I am redoing..hopefully today...would love to put some in the dining room..oh it would look so good against the red walls..have a great week.;)