Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Quick teaser!!!!

So much to still do, but I thought I would jump in a give just a quick update!!! It's been very exciting to just get the house set back to old self after almost a year. Watching things FINALLY coming back out of the garage, cleaning them up and putting them in their new homes, really it's almost like we moved.

Though, was a mess, the dust from drywall OMG!!! I spent most of my day yesterday in the front room, polishing the hardwood, dusting blinds and everything else...

So here is the update, almost everything is in the gathering room. Only the computer desk needs to be moved down today.. Hubby came home from this trip about 11 am expecting to have to move the couch, but our son Steven & his buddy moved all the heavy stuff out Thursday night, which was a big help! It only cost me a box of fruit snacks and dinner! Not to bad....

So in the gathering room we played around with moving things around a bit, trying to change things up ... It's hard to do when one has big furniture pieces like we do(because we never measure before we buy) and the room really is long and not super wide...But I think we came up with a new layout that make the room really look a little bigger even with all the "stuff"... of course pictures later... Once everything is completely set....

So here is the front room minus the big leather couch & TV!!!! LOOK at that mess, everything that still needs a home... US prim girls do have the "stuff' LOL!!! Told hubby no more wine until some of this drank, found many wine bottles! LOL This old farm table, don't know why but it really is one of my favorite pieces. I wish it could talk, all the meals that were made on it, the stories it heard... Love that in the one corner it's all chewed up from what I believe was meat grinder attached to it....It's home is in front of the windows... now it just needs a few things...
corner almost cleaned up with the family cabinet.... old shopping cart next to it now...

and a tease, my bakers cabinet in it's new home in the gathering room... Today's chore unpacking boxes in the garage, cleaning thing up and filling this back up! Probably will thin out a thing or 2 along the way...maybe.... off to start have a great day! OLM


oh, ya... pumpkins coming out today too!!! I can't stand it, last year I really couldn't decorate for fall at all, it was SO hard being my favorite time....So I am starting today!

5 comments:

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

You are going to be tired but a really good tired. Unpacking and finding all your things all over again will be such fun! And being able to redecorate with your new-found 'old' things.....I envy your task! :)
★Linda★

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I can't wait to see it all done..pumpkins and all.:) have a good one..;)and happy decorating.;)

Sheila said...

You've got quite a bit of work ahead, but it will be so awesome when you finish. That baker's cabinet is to die for! Can't wait to see how you put things together on it.
Don't work to hard~

Farmhouse prims said...

I love all your cabinets. I love your walls, it will be all worth it. Beautiful!!!!

Robin said...

Looks great so far...I to can't wait to decorate for fall. Love your bakers cabinet, I have one but it is green. Have fun with all of your "new" treasures. (millstonemercantile)