Monday, August 9, 2010

OMG, I've given myself a headache, so I'm having a cocktail!!

Yikes! My "VISION" has failed me... For 11 months now I have known what colors I wanted in the gathering room. Hubby has been working really hard to and it's really starting to look like a room! I was really hoping he could have "wainscoting flu" tomorrow to get more done. Nope, work needs him! Damn! But that is what pay the bills, since I haven't worked since I hurt my back several years ago.... Oh well.. it is what it is.....

Anyway, so I have known my colors. Everytime I go to Benjamin Moore, I pick the same colors... So today I thought I would go get a sample of the color so I can start to get a feel for the room, I put it up, ( the far one on the left) I HATE IT! I am not feeling it.... OH S.... now what do I do.... pull out the big book of colors... I just don't know where to go.... You know how it is when you see something in your head and well, your vision fails you. It gives you one big headache!!..

I have brought enough samples now to have gotten a whole gallon! LOL..... Hubby & I are going in different directions... He doesn't want it dark, I am saying don't be afraid of dark. It won't close up the room like you think, TRUST ME!..

Now I LOVE the saybrook sage on the ceiling & 20" down the wall, so it's just finding the right fit. Plus carpet was ordered based on these colors... YIKES, I have made a mess.... So I am having a cocktail as I type this! LOL....

So hubby wants to go grey, I am not feeling it... Though these pictures don't show the colors real well... 2ND from the right, I am feeling this... it's Alexandria Beige in the Historical colors. I really want to try & stay in the HC colors... I think it's a good fit with the leather couch which is darker, the carpet will be a little lighter.....Again I need another sip! LOL and I really don't want white. There is nothing white in my home. I love color... OK, enough... I have made my decision, I am going with it & I will make it look great! OK, one more sip! OK, then onto the pot rack... pictures from yesterday...My sis in law, the "Queen" thought it was not soft enough needed a little something, too much pot rack.... She was right.. Don't want to tell her that... OOPS, she reads this all the time! At first I was going to spray paint it... Then didn't want to hassle with it... So I came up with this... Got this at the Shop (Poppy Seeds) it's called keeping cloth. Love it, not sure where I was going to put it, until today!.. So I think it softens up the pot rack, Don't really need to re-paint it..

Today has just been a whirl wind day. I started out with one set of colors, and I am off in the opposite direction. I am liking what I picked, but just not how I was seeing it for the last 11 months! Oh well, I am glad I figured it out before I went and purchased several gallons of paint! That would of hurt! So have a great evening, and have a cocktail! LOL... OLM


6 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

okay I am loving the sage and the 2nd color from the right..I thought I would never do green in my home and I love it..;)gotta be a warm green though..and actually I have 2 different colors in my living room..and they go together..;) I hope you were able to figure out before you drank the hole bottle.:)lol...;)

Linda ★ Parker's Paradise said...

I really like vibrant color--nothing subtle here. I am thinking olive green, maybe darker; but hey, that's for me. For you, better go with what you had chosen as a color to tie it all together. Best of luck!
BTW~ I love the wainscote!
★Linda★

Katherine said...

I love the colors you've chosen. I use deep tones in my house as well-every time I go lighter, I end up repainting in a few months. The potrack looks great with the fabric added. Oh, and I love cocktails too...

~Katherine

Farmhouse prims said...

Hey, we all must have the painting fever. I love the bold colors. I like your choice. Acturally I love the last three colors from the right. Can't wait to see what you pick!!!

Larry I said...

The Queen approves of the pot rack. You're right, I do read this !! Good work ~ Queen.

Sheila said...

OMG! I've never visited your blog before, but I will from now on! Your title caught my eye today while on another blog! To funny! you tell it like it is. Love the sage green!
Don't work to hard.
Will be back to check on progress..........
~Sheila