Saturday, August 7, 2010

kinda been in a funk..worked in the shop today....

Wow, it's been a week since I've blogged... I just haven't been feeling that great. I think the heat we have been having is getting to me! I am ready for fall! I don't want snow, just fall.
Hubby has been working in the gathering room. Though the last 2 days we have lost power. Each day for at least 6 hours... no storms, just boom no power. Now that really messes with being able to work in the room.. I am so ready to start decorating, I can taste it! LOL... Pumpkins will be coming out sooner the usual.....
I finished up my goodies for the textile swap that Char from the pickled pepper patch organized. Actually Char is my partner. I will be mailing her goodies off on Monday... Sure hopes she likes them!
So every now and again I fill in for my GF Sandy at her prim shop. I love pretending it's mine for the day. LOL... So this is my home away from home....Well at least where I go to find many of my prim goodies. There just isn't any shops like her around me, and she's 45 minutes away! Though worth the trip... Let's just say I worked for free today! Forgot to take pictures of my new goodies.. will do that next time... Thought I would share just a couple pictures of her great prim shop. It's not very big, but it's full of great finds!
So here is the front of her shop "Poppy Seed Primitives" in Genoa IL... Front counter when you walk in....every inch is filled!

Great candles! The soy ones are made by a local gal.. My Fav, Pumpkin Cheesecake!
Start of fall coming out.. few of my handmade's already out looking for a new home!


Love this color on the pie safe..




Great prim reading...

MMMM... my favorite area... Family Heirloom Weavers... One can NEVER have to many of these in their prim home??!?!?!?


So just a couple of pictures. I only wish she was closer to me... well maybe not, at least hubby would say that!
Keep your fingers crossed we don't lose power again tomorrow... this is getting old pretty quick.. Have a great evening! OLM






3 comments:

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I loved the photos you shared of a prim shop..we don't have any where I live...primitives are not big here..but I love them...heres hoping you don't lose power...:)

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Hi sweetie!!
I completely understand, Ive been in a funk for awhile now.
I keep trying to shake it but so far, well...
it keeps hanging around.
The only thing that seems to help is SHOPPING!! :) Hehee!
But since Im not rich, I cant do that everyday. LOL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.
ICAM, the corner does need a tall cabinet there.
It doesnt look good without it.
So yes... I just MUST going to shopping to get one. ;)

Oh, I would love to have a shop like this one.
It looks fabulous!!
I just used google maps and it is located 6 hours and 15 minutes away!! :(
Wish it was closer!!
But hey, it gives me another reason for a road trip.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
Take Care,
Tam

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Thanks so much for the info.
Sounds like a definite plan!!
Whenever I can talk Hubby into heading that way I'll drop you a message.
It would be so much fun to meet up and go SHOP!! :)

Thanks again GF!!
Tam