Sunday, August 1, 2010

Crazy pumpkins! Lemon Poppy Seed Update

I had a few extra goodies done, so I decided to update my Lemon Poppy Seeds page early. No point in having them sit around until the 15Th? So I thought I would share of few of them with everyone. Just love making this witchie pumpkin. I made him from a Prims by Kim pattern.. I really need to make one to keep! Here's Earl.... he's my own creation... Though, I saw a pattern very similar to Earl in the new Country Sampler... Great minds think alike! His tag reads "Earl always loses his head at Halloween!"
Oh, my misfits.. again another one of my creations... I am really into the goofy faces this year & green pumpkins...Mixes things up some....


OK, now for this goofy story, kind of hard to see... Anyway, last fall when we took the old brick off, everything had to moved away from the house, including all my pumpkins and gourds.. Once everything was done, snow started pretty quick..... so... the gourds and some of the smaller pumpkins where out in my flower bed all winter...
I now have several vines growing through my flower beds, with pumpkins and gourds on them...This vine growing through my flowers I had noticed attached itself to the tree.. I paid it no mind until yesterday... The vine has grown all the way up the tree. It is just about ready to come out of the top of the tree! Amazing! So here it starts in the Black eye Susan's....

here is a close up about 10 feet up in the tree. You can see either a small pumpkin or gourd starting to grow.. I am just amazed at the vine doing that.... So that is my fun news for today. We cooled off for only 2 days.. Heat & the humidity returning today. I am sooo ready for fall! Have a great one! OLM

No comments: