Saturday, July 24, 2010

Then there was some color!

Well, we got some rain last night. Or should I say it poured and poured, a total of at least 7 inches... YIKES, now that is too much rain! We were very lucky and did not get water in the basement like some of our neighbors, though a roof leak showed up. We are hopeful we found the source and I will be painting the ceiling in Alex's room this fall!
On a fun note, Jeff was over and painted the ceiling at the top part of the walls in the gathering room.. YUP, it has some color! We are thinking it will need a 3rd coat though, poor Jeff, I think he is ready to shoot me! LOL. I am happy with the color, it's saybrook sage in the historical colors from Benjamin Moore. Onto starting the wainscoting.. So light is getting a little brighter at the end of the tunnel! I am so ready to start decorating.! So I have been a busy girl trying to get a jump start on my fall crafting. It's been so hot & humid, it's a great time to stay in and get things done. So out with the sewing machining and I got busy.... The only problem is it has taken over the house.. Taken on a life of its own. I have stuff everywhere...
Pumpkins and fabric piled up on the chair in the kitchen, I hope no one wanted to sit down! LOL

Forget about eating at the kitchen table, at least I think there is a table under there somewhere! LOL

Even outside is not safe. I set up a make shift table to paint in the grass, that way I don't care about how big of a mess I make. Did you see the first 2 pictures? I know how to make a good mess! LOL.... so today was a sea of orange. First step in my grungy process. Problem is it's to humid and nothing is drying, so I will need to bring it all in to dry! oh well, it was worth a try! Off to bring it all in, it's starting to get dark and mosquito's will attack soon! Have a great night! OLM

4 comments:

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

My Gosh GF, You sure have been a busy bee!!

Wish I had even 1/2 of your creating Will Power!! :)

YEAH!! on the Gathering Room Progress!!
Love the color you chose.

TFS,
Tam

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

can't wait to see the finished room and all of your halloween/fall decor;) have a great rest of your weekend.:)

Dan said...

You have been very busy! I can not wait to see all of your fall creations! The room sounds like it is going to be wonderful! I hope you can find the source of your leak.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

~Dan~

Beckyjean said...

Wow~
Looks like my kitchen table. LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one with a table like that. It's clean for a day or two,then I start crafting & it gets away on me. Can't wait to see all the finished projects.

I'm glad you're getting closer to having your room finished.

Hugs~Becky