Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Everyone had a great time meeting our Relatives from Ireland!

So this past winter my nephew Tyler started researching our family tree. My Dad's mom came here from Ireland in the 20's along with a brother and sister. We knew at least one sibling stayed behind in Ireland. Well as it turns out my Grandmother was one of 10!! Tyler paid to post our family tree on Ancestry. At least that is how I think it works. Within a few days we got a email from Ireland asking for more information and saying " I think we are related!" Guess what we sure are!!! They already were planning a trip to the states to meet other relatives ( yes, we need to contact them too) so they made a stop to meet our family as well.
Even though we are still remodeling here, I had everyone over dinner last night so we could get to know everyone. What fun! I tell you, this computer age, where we can link up in a blink of a eye is just amazing! So here are a few pictures from last night and today. Here I am with mom sitting in the chair talking with 2ND cousin Kathleen....
Here is Steven feeding my brother's son William chocolate cake!

Here I am with my cousins Kathleen and Noll... They are 1st cousin's to my dad....


Here some of us are today at the cemetery. They wanted to see were they were buried. From the left is Tyler, Barry and Kathleen, Noll, Caroline, myself and Ed. They are not use to this hot & humid weather. It is much cooler and damp in Ireland.

Conversations outside last night....



Cousin Noll with my Dad. They are first cousin's...


Mom, Caroline ( she is the one who contacted Tyler believing we were related) and Kathleen...


Kathleen's husband Barry and Ed getting know each other... With it being so warm, beer was the drink of choice last night!

Off to the left is my brother Matt talking with Caroline and looking at family papers. Matt's daughter Rosie is in front with her pop... Mom & me talking with Kathleen...
It was a great night, not enough time to really visit. You think of things you should of asked after one leaves. Though thanks to computers and the Internet, we will be able to keep in touch! Now we all want to got to Ireland! Someday! This was just a great experience! OLM








1 comment:

Larry I said...

Bless you Marie for being the one to keep our family ~ and yours ~ communicating!! Good job! Love, Sis-in-law (aka:Queen)