Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Celabrating a the big B-day and a lemon Poppy Seed update...

Well today is a warm one! hot & humid! These are the days one just wants to stay inside, so yes, if I didn't have to go, I didn't... I love summer, but high 70's low 80's where my windows can be open is perfect! 10 days now of air conditioning having to be on, ICK!

Yesterday we had a little BBQ for our BFN Nadine. Now on the subject of what BFN is... well I need to politically correct... so Best... F.... Neighbors. She started that a couples of years ago. We are so lucky to have great neighbors. We all get along great and this was the main reason we didn't move and decide to do all this remodeling instead. Great neighbors are PRICELESS!!!!
Anyway this was the big one for her, YUP, the big 5-0-!!! Well we could not let this pass without some recognition... LOL... So the first thing she woke to yesterday was a few signs reminding her of the lost youth! Well we saw the humor in this, and yes I am the youngest so I know what that means for paybacks! Then we gathered a few more neighbors to celebrate.. of course the guest of honor is not here yet, but that doesn't stop us from eating and have a drink, oh ya in her honor...
Here she is with her LARGE martini glass. Only jello this time, though we don't think she could drink a martini of that size! LOL, Anyway we had a great time. Had to swat a few mosquitoes, but was worth it. Happy Belated B-Day Nadine!


OK, so here a couple of quick pictures of what went up on Lemon Poppy Seeds today. Yes in this warm weather I am looking forward to a few cool ones and started working on the fall and Halloween goodies...


This little guy is a "Fav" created from a Kentucky Primitives pattern.

I call these the 3 Jacks, my own little design, green is going to be my new color for this year.


then there's Punkin Jack great little guy by my hand as well... Have a great evening and stay cool! OLM

4 comments:

Tammy ~ A Primitive Place said...

Looks like you all had a fabulous celebration!!

Love all your fall goodies.

Tam

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun to have such special neighbors! Happy belated birthday to Nadine.
Your little pumpkins are too cute! I just love your new header photo. Is that in your house?
Pug hugs :)
Lauren

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Hi Lauren, Yup, that's my pie safe in the kitchen! It's really more a blue color, but shows more green. One of my favorite pieces. When we added on last fall I made sure it would fit in the kitchen. I never really had a good spot for it before. More pictures to come as we are getting closer to FINALLY finishing up! OLM

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

What fun, been a few years since I turned 50, those birthdays do fly by. 8) Love the pic of the pie safe and all the goodies on top. Perfectly prim!! Can't wait to see more pics.
Your halloween items look great, love the 3 jacks!!
Blessings,
Lorna