Sunday, June 20, 2010

I needed a little retail therapy....

Just a nice brown crock....
The beginnings of a few prim pumpkins...

close up of the sweet face of the doll Dru made..




Just love the teddy!!!


ok, just the front door ready for the 4th of July....

Well, this has been a long sad week. I am tired of cancer, with all the fundraising that is done, how can no cures been found? Tuesday chemo with mom, though we did get some good news there. Her cancer markers did go down a little bit!!! They had pretty much stayed the same for the last couple of months so this was a nice surprise!!! Thursday was my brother's best buddy Mark's funeral, just a sad time. Just 2 weeks ago he was here planning their fishing trip to Canada, he was SO excited, though he was in bad shape. As he hugged me for the last time he said he was so grateful to Matt for all his help, then he told me how much he loved our home, he loved all my stuff & how it was done. He really was a great guy and how he wanted to make this trip for his son. Now they all are taking his son in honor of him. It will be bittersweet but they all are looking forward to it.
OK, enough, time to pull one self up and think happy thoughts. So I don't know about most, but when I get sad or very angry, I need a little retail therapy. So as I left the service, I was close to one little shop in town. Not prim at all, they have what they call the antique barn. I really haven't found anything in there in years. Though a couple of weeks ago, they had a brown 5 gallon crock, great shape, $30... So I thought well if it's still there a little pick me up might be in order.... Well it was there, I cleaned it up and just need to decide if I will use it outside as a planter or somewhere in the house... Still thinking on that..... Then awhile back I had order a doll & teddy from Dru at Cinnamon Creek Cabin.... They were waiting for me when I got home, a bonus! I love them. Not sure where I am going to tuck them. I really need that family room done! I need those places back to put things!

I even managed to finally do a little sewing yesterday. I need to get my OLM grove back. thinking of ideas for my giveaway, details sometime this week.... So life goes and things are slowly starting to get back on track. Everyone have a great what is left of it, Father's Day. OLM

No comments: