Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!!!

A few plants made it after being crushed by the old brick coming off....


Just a quick look at everything getting crushed last fall. All the brick came off at once, OOPS....





Another bucket waiting for it's flowers....




My center flower bed with a old wheel barrel, see how tall everything is already....




my picket fence by my front door.....



Happy Mother's Day to everyone! I went and saw my mom last night for a quick visit. This was a chemo week , so she is tired and resting today. During one of her chemo days or as I call them Voodoo Juice Day, she talked about wanting a old crock. That is pretty funny since she is not into antiques at all. So for Mom's Day this year I was able to get a 12 gallon red wing crock at a good price for her! She was surprised! Hubby and I got a surprised combined gift from both our boys, a new blue ray player! Another reason to get that family room done and have a family movie night whe Alex gets home from school.

I spent the day out in the yard working on yard again! Usually I'm not even starting til today because of weather. Though this year with such a warm spring, many flower's are even starting to bloom, tulips are already a thing of the past. It's amazing how fast the weeds and grass have taken over. So Steven, my baby at 20, helped me outside for awhile. I got more edging done and a few summer bulbs planted. Not doing to much more planting til later in the week, we had frost this morning. I am hoping it's the last one of the season. My annuals won't be here for another 2 weeks, I ordered them from my nephews in a Boy Scout fundraiser, but I will have everything ready to go once they get here!

So today I am sharing a few pictures of the front of the house. Not everything has been completely cleaned up, my fingers hurt, not the mention the back so I called it a day. There are patches in the front of the house where the flowers where killed when the old brick came off the house, so I will need to add more perennials there. I will do that this week. Everyone enjoy you day! Hubby is grilling steak for us 2nite! OLM

1 comment:

Farmhouse prims said...

Love your prim decorating and flowers esp. the chair in the flower bed. I need to find an old chair, the last one I had feel apart. I am new to this blogging too. But have made so many nice friends. Have a lovely day!!!!!