Friday, April 2, 2010

The end is near???




Well, it's a great day in the burbs of Chicago, breezy and in the high 70's! What a treat! Hubby took the day off & is hammering away in the family room! We got a little ahead of ourselves and have carpeting even picked out! He's hoping about another month we should be done?!?!?!
I have started taking down the boarder in our room to get ready to paint. I swear I am never doing wallpaper or boarder again. This part is such a pain! The fun part is I have had for the last 2 years a old farmhouse door that I have wanted to use for a head board in our bedroom. (ya I know I move real fast) yes 2 years just waiting to be cleaned up give a coat of varnish. With the weather having been so wonderful, that is what I have been working on too. There are some great colors on the door! I don't know what side to use. The side I am working on today has greens, some orange and even browns.. LOVE IT!!! I this side probably would work best once the room is done. The other side had browns, yellows and even a hint of pink, and of course white on both sides. Image if this door could talk? all that it's see over the years! I can't wait to get it up. Here are a couple of pictures of it in the garage. Have a Great Easter! OLM

No comments: